Lowe's Benefit Program
Lowe's provides a Tuition Reimbursement Program to help employees improve their
current job performance, as well as prepare them for advancement to other positions
within Lowe's. This benefits not only the employee, but also Lowe's.
Employee participation in the Tuition Reimbursement Program is strictly voluntary,
outside of regular business hours, and is not considered working time.
Lowe's has partnered with TuitionHelp® to assist with the administration of this
program. Call a TuitionHelp®
Student Aid Advisor at 1.877.447.0584 to get started.
Who is eligible?
- Full-time, regular employees in active status, with one year of service are eligible
What is the benefit?
- Reimbursement is available for on-campus and/or on-line tuition for core curriculum
and electives required to attain an Associate, Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree
from an accredited school.
- This benefit is up to $2,500 per "fiscal year" for full-time employees and designed
to reimburse employees for expenses not reimbursed through grants or other means,
excluding student loans. Please Note: If you choose not to accept federal or state grants and scholarships awarded to you,
the reimbursement amount will be reduced by the amount of aid declined.
- The "fiscal year" used to determine your maximum reimbursement benefit amount is
determined by the conclusion of the course(s) eligible for reimbursement. This will
not necessarily follow a traditional calendar year.
- Employees must be active or on an approved leave of absence and considered a full-time employee on their last day of classes to receive reimbursement.
- Courses leading to Associate and Bachelor degrees will be approved for any college
- Courses leading to Master and Doctoral degree programs must
assist the employee in the performance of his/her current position or prepare him/her
for advancement to other positions within Lowe's.
What is covered?
- 100% of tuition and lab fees
- 50% of books
- Up to a maximum of $2,500 per fiscal year for full-time employees
What is not covered:
- Activity or library fees
- Personal materials and study aids, etc.
- Classes leading to certificates or completion less than an Associate degree
Please note: Registering for a class does not entitle an otherwise
eligible employee to reimbursement and employees should not delay registration solely
on a pending reimbursement approval.
What are the conditions of reimbursement payments:
- Employee receiving a "C" or better, or a "Pass" in pass/fail courses
- Submitting the required materials and documentation to TuitionHelp® via fax at 1.888.658.3563
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within three months of course
- Employee must be active or on an approved leave of absence and considered a full-time employee on their last day of classes to receive reimbursement
- Acceptance of any federal and state grants and scholarships
- Contact the TuitionHelp® program by phone at 1.877.447.0584 to talk with a Student Aid Advisor who will:
- define eligibility
- assist with college/course selection
- proceed in collecting the necessary information to complete the Tuition Reimbursement Application
based upon eligibility status
- complete the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist with Federal
and State Grant eligibility
- prepare the College Cost & Planning Report ® for applicable employees
- identify next steps in the tuition reimbursement process
- Download, print and sign the Tuition Reimbursement Application
- Register for class and pay for tuition, books, etc. Retain all receipts, which are
needed for reimbursement
- Complete the course and obtain a "C" or better
- Upon completion of the course and receipt of grades, submit required documents for
reimbursement to TuitionHelp® via fax at 1.888.658.3563
- The following documents are required to fulfill the final processing of the Tuition
Reimbursement Application and must be submitted within three months of course completion:
- Signed Tuition Reimbursement Application
- Grade transcript
- Copy of the award letter
- Itemized bill from the school (detail of any Federal
or State student aid received)
- Book receipts (with courses names indicated)
Please Note: Reimbursement will be included in the employee's paycheck within two payroll cycles after notice of approval is received.
HR, Manager or Supervisor Responsibility:
- Direct all employees interested in tuition reimbursement or education related benefits
to TuitionHelp® to begin the process
- If classes lead to a Master's or Doctoral degree, confirm the degree program will
assist the employee in the performance of his/her job or help prepare him/her for
advancement to other positions within Lowe's
More questions? See the Frequently Asked Questions located on myloweslife under
the My Work/Life tab, contact TuitionHelp® at 1.877.447.0584, or send your questions
to the Tuition Reimbursement email box.